Monday, August 15, 2011

Betsy Owens Memorial Swims - Mirror Lake - August 13th 2011


This was supposed to be the best swim event of the season and I was really looking forward to participate in it. Everything was planned properly however I underestimated the time necessary to recuparate after a swim event, I went back to the pool for a 3K only 2 days after my long distance 4-Mile swim.

That same evening I lifted a deck umbrella with its stand and it pulled a muscle in my back! It wasn't too bad initially but a couple of days later I couldn't even lie down in bed horizontally and had to sleep sitting on the couch.

I never experienced this before in my life and hope that it will never occur again :) My doctor prescribed some heavy duty painkillers to get me through this and I was even ready to get up at 4AM and drive up that same morning for the swim...it didn't happen.

Lesson learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment